As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encouraging women to excel in computing and technology,we are pleased to announce the Google JSConf.eu 2010 Conference Grant to encourage more female computer scientists to participate in the JSConf 2010 Conference, 25-26 September 2010, Berlin, Germany.
Award winners will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive:
Free registration for the conference. Accommodation not included. 300 Euros for travel costs.
To be eligible for a conference grant candidates must:
- Be working in or studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
- or technical field related to the conference subject.
- Have a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Attend the core day(s) of the main conference
How To Apply
To apply send, no later than 29 August 2010, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Google JSConf 2010 Conference grant' containing:
- your full name and email address
- current address, contact phone number and copy of photo ID
- your CV
1-page statement (no more than 600 words) about
- why you wish to attend the conference
- and why attending it is important to your research, work, and/or future career
Winners and claim process
The winners will be notified by e-mail by 6 September 2010. If you are a successful applicant, you will be sent your free ticket and a payment form to expense your travel contribution, to be completed and submitted after the event.